Monday, March 28, 2011

Etsy, my one true love for all things detail.

Being crafty myself, and loving all things handmade, I've been in love with Etsy for a very long time. Sometimes I forget not everyone has been introduced to all the amazing things this website has to offer and that its not such a household name as it is in mine.

Etsy is a website dedicated to all things handmade and vintage. Crafters around the world offer up their amazing and beautiful works ranging from clothes to jewelry to home décor. I can often get lost within the pages for days, and each time I find a new seller that captures my heart. When I started this wedding planning process, I knew I would use Etsy as an inspiration as well as the first resource for all the added details throughout the day. I figured I would share some of my favorite vendors, and a great group that offers a monthly contest based on wedding crafters.

(photo courtesy of amberbrownmakesart)


One of my good friends, and a great crafter, amberbrownmakesart offers a creative and adorable way to store and send all those photo CDs you get at the end of your wedding. She custom makes each of these felt cd cases based on what you desire and they come in an endless combination of colors and designs.

Its a great way to send off those proofs and final prints in style, and they are an adorable gift to the bridal party and family members for years to come.

When looking for Bridal jewerly I automatically thought of Esty, (photo courtesy of VirginiaGeigerJewels)

and I came upon VirginiaGeigerJewels. Her work is elegant and romantic, and could easily adapt to any bridal style. I love pearl jewerly when paired with a wedding dress, so I am always going to love an artist who works so fantastically with pearls in their designs. I love this choker necklace. Its a great modern look that would accent any girl and any style.

Finally, I'll mention a group that combines weddings, Etsy and contests. Three of my favorite things, and possibly yours soon too! Etsy Wedding Divas are a collection of Etsy artists who's main focus is all things wedding. They represent a whole slew of amazing and creative artists and you can find every detail you're looking for within one of their members. As an added bonus, every month they offer a contest giving away 16 different prizes at one time via their facebook page. The best of all my favorite worlds!

Weddings are all about being creative and unique, and the details should be no exception. When looking for those added details and special keepsakes, Etsy is a great place to start. You never know what you're going to find, and every day you can find a new and creative addition to your overall wedding design.

No comments:

Post a Comment