Friday, March 18, 2011

Get Organized While You Can!

Wedding planning is stressful enough, so any chance I have to reduce that stress, I'm going to take it. Someone suggested when I first got engaged to set up a new "wedding only" email account. I can't stress enough how much I support this idea. Not only does it help when registering for events and products but its also the perfect way to keep all your wedding correspondents in one place! Once you get into the thick of it, you'll realize how many times you type out that email and you'll be thankful for the separation. Its also an excuse to have a cute wedding-themed email name that you'll never have the chance to use again.

The other suggestion I will forever be thankful for is buying this book:
Since we are trying to remain on a tight budget, Bridal Bargains has been my go-to guide every time. They offer up money saving suggestions for anything you could think of from the reception all the way down to the wedding rings. Each chapter features a buying guide and real wedding tips to help you navigate through this crazy planning process. The book is divided into multiple categories so you can skip ahead to exactly what you need. I have already used this book multiple times, and plan on many more in the future.

Next step, head to the internet and start looking. Inspiration is everywhere. All you have to do is type wedding into Google and you've got days worth of suggestions. I have a folder on my desktop where I save pictures and products I see that peak my interest. This way, everything is in one place and its a great resource when creating inspiration boards or talking to vendors. It can be overwhelming sometimes so keeping it in one spot can't hurt.

So far, I'm on track to getting everything organized. The craft projects will begin soon, and I wanted as much of the planning and decisions decided before then. I can't wait to finally get my hands dirty and start creating some details. I also can't wait to share them with you!

Next up, wedding contests and giveaways. Not only is it a great way to try to reduce costs, its a fantastic way to see new vendors you might have passed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment