Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Things First, a Proper Introduction

Well here I am, planning the biggest party of my life and I couldn't be more excited. My name is Lauren and I am a self proclaimed wedding enthusiast. My fiance knew what he was getting into when he asked me to marry him, but he had no idea how excited I was to finally put all of my research and love of wedding blogs to use with our own celebration. After reading dozens of blogs, and searching hundreds of pictures, I have a clear idea of exactly what I want for our November wedding. Now starts the adventure to see how we can actually bring it all together.

My fiance and I met online, so I have always used and trusted the internet for a variety of tasks. Wedding planning has been no exception. There are so many outlets and experts waiting for you to ask questions and to give advice on whatever you might want to know, it can be overwhelming at times. My goal with this blog is to give insight and assistance into how to plan a wedding on a tight budget. We are paying for the wedding completely on our own, so creativity has been at the forefront of all of our planning. On top of that, being from Ohio originally, I am planning a wedding that spans across two states. While our celebration will be in Chicago, my family is all out of town, so I have been figuring out how to include them as much as I can, while navigating a city I'm still exploring myself.

I am taking the idea of Do-It-Yourself to the next level. With a strict budget that we really can't afford to bend, I have decided to make most of the additions myself. So far, this includes all the decorations, most of the paper products, and our flowers. I'm excited to put my years of crafting and art school to good use, and to share this experience with all of you. This blog will include pictures, tutorials and all the trials and errors I may run into along the way!

At the same time, I'm here to help in any way I can. If you have a DIY project or idea, and want some help figuring it out (or want me to try it first) let me know! I'm all about audience participation and I am always up for a challenge!

Ok, so here we go. 254 days and about 75 craft projects left until the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment